This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy here.
These stuffed bell peppers are really easy to make, and are a geat idea for when you find bell peppers on sale! I don’t usually use the green bell peppers for these, but you can if you prefer. I love the sweet red, yellow, or orange peppers!
This recipe is very versatile and forgiving!
Are you on a special diet or vegetarian? You can switch out the rice, quinoa or ground beef for cauliflower rice. We have tried many different versions of this recipe, and they are all delicous! You can skip the cheese if need be, or buy the cheese alternatives at the grocery store. If you want to bulk it up a little, add in a drained can of black beans!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 -6 Bell Peppers any color
- 3 cups Jasmine or Basmati Rice cooked or quinoa
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can rotel
- 1 8 oz package of Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cook Rice according to instructions on bag. (One cup of dry rice is usually enough when it is cooked. Substitute one cup of chicken broth for water when cooking rice to add a little flavor.)
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and cut in half. Scoop out any seeds.
- Lay the halves in a 13x9 pan.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add the rotel and cooked rice.
- Add all spices and stir.
- Cook for a few more minutes on low to let the flavor cook in.
- Next scoop the mixture into the bell peppers until full.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
My picky kids skip the peppers.
The funny thing about this recipe in my house is that my littlest loves the stuffing, but not the peppers. The mixture is usually more than will fit in the peppers, so she gets some of the mixture with cheese on top in a bowl. That way we aren’t throwing out perfectly good peppers!
Want to take this to a potluck or save some dishwashing time? Try making this in a foil pan instead!