Hey friends! I am back with a fresh recipe after a loooong summer! Now that the kids are all settled in, I finally got to try out a new recipe! Polish Sausage, Potatoes, Cabbage and Carrots. I don’t have a fancy name for it! This is pretty healthy, but it isn’t as kid friendly as my usual recipes. Unless, of course your kids LOVE vegetables… Mine, not so much. This weeks recipe is really easy and doesn not require a ton of prep. I used my Instant Pot, but this can also be done in a crock pot or a large frying pan. In fact, if you are using Turkey Kielbasa, you may want to stick to a frying pan at least for the sausage. The instant pot made the sausage a little soft. But it was still really good!
I used Turkey Sausage since its a little healthier, but you can use any kind of sausage that you want. Usually polish sausage is labeled Polska Kielbasa, but if you can find a Russian grocery store nearby, that is the best sausage!! I also used a small bag of fingerling potatoes, a head of cabbage and two sliced carrots. The instant pot is great for steaming the vegetables quickly and still having plenty of flavor in them. If you use the crock pot make sure that you also fry the sausage in a pan before you add it to the veggies.
Here is the recipe!
Instant Pot Polish Sausage, Potatoes, Cabbage & Carrots
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pkg Polish Sausage
- 1 head Cabbage
- 2-3 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bag Fingerling or Small Red/Yellow Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Using the saute' feature on the Instant Pot, brown the sausage and remove from pot.
- Chop cabbage into small wedges and pieces.
- Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork.
- Place all veggies in the Instant Pot.
- Salt and Pepper to taste, and pour in the broth.
- Cook on Meat/Stew setting for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to relese naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then open the pressure valve to release the remaining pressure
- Add sausage back to the vegetables.
- Stir well and serve.