This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy here.
I get in “trouble” at home sometimes for making delicious meals and then never making them again. Or taking them out of rotation for a while and then forgetting all about them! This month’s recipe, Beef Stroganoff is one of those, and my family was pretty excited when I brought it back!
I want to warn you up front that the sauce is made from scratch, but I also don’t want you to worry because it is really easy! This meal takes about 20 -25 minutes to make. When I say that is from scratch, I mean that you will be making a roux. A roux is a mixture of melted butter and flour, all you do is melt the butter in your skillet and mix in the flour until there are no lumps. It mixes really well, and doesn’t take but a couple of minutes to be ready to add your other ingredients!
The sauce is tangy and it pairs perfectly with egg noodles, and I recommend adding the mushrooms if you like them. My kids aren’t a fan, but I say they don’t know what they are missing!
Easy Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Beef Tips
- 1 stick Butter
- 5 T Flour
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 carton fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 T Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- A few Dashes Pepper
- 1 bag of Egg Noodles cooked per directions on package.
- Brown your meat and push it to one side in the skillet (or remove it from the skillet)
- Melt Butter
- Stir in flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Once all flour is well mixed with no lumps, start adding the beef broth.
- While you are stirring in the beef broth, mix the ground beef (or beef tips)with the sauce.
- Add Mushrooms(optional)
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and all spices.
- Allow sauce to thicken.
- Serve over egg noodles.
- This pairs well with a salad or garlic bread.