This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy here.
This Chili recipe is so easy, I almost didn’t post it. But isn’t that the whole point of my recipes? To be quick and easy? My recipe is basically my version of my mom’s chili that she has been making for years. It is basically a dump recipe, meaning you dump in the cans and call it a day.
Today, I decided to prevent the burnt Chili fiasco of last week, that we would go with the Slow Cooker method. Yes, even a food blogger burns stuff. It happens to the best of us! I decided that myCrock Pot Express would be the best way to cook it, because of the sauté option. In a traditional crock pot, I would have to brown the meat in another pan, but with this one, I can brown it in the cooker. This keeps the dishwashing to a minimum. I think we can all agree that less dishes = happier mamas!
Here is my recipe:
Easy, Delicious Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cans Hot Chili Beans
- 2 cans Black Beans
- 2 cans Dice Tomatoes or 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 package Chili Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- I also use a garlic or 23 spice for seasoning the meat
- Brown the ground beef. Add a little Salt, Pepper, and 23 Spice Mix.
- Add all the beans.
- Add all the tomatoes or sauce.
- Pour in the spice packet.
- Stir Well.
- Heat on medium/low if cooking on stove top.
- If making in a crock pot cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- If making in the Instant Pot press the chili button and start.
This recipe is very versatile! Add some chopped matchstick carrots or chopped bell peppers. If you like spice add some chopped jalapeños. I also make rice or macaroni noodles to mix it with. If you don’t like that many beans, cut the beans and add more meat. You could even substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.
Don’t forget to take a picture and post it with the hashtag #leslieslittlecorner.
Looking for more easy, kid friendly meals? Check out my Recipe Index!